Thursday, August 25, 2016

VMWARE Player 6.0.3 running on Centos 6 "Could not open /dev/vmmon: No such file or directory. Please make sure that the kernel module `vmmon' is loaded."


Before this I'm using the older version of vmplayer on Centos 6. Everything work fine. Last week I upgraded the vmware player to 6.0.3 and I got problem to load the guest OS. The VMware player complain that "Could not open /dev/vmmon: No such file or directory. Please make sure that the kernel module `vmmon' is loaded."

After a long time searching for a solution, finally I found it. Just follow the simple stpes below:

  1. Open your terminal
  2. Type sudo mv /usr/lib/vmware/modules/binary /usr/lib/vmware/modules/binary.old
  3. Then type sudo vmware-modconfig --console --install-all --appname="VMware Player" --icon="vmware-player"

Now I can start guest OS without any problem. Hope it helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment